What are you bringing to Scion Exchange?

About Us Forums Growing fruit What are you bringing to Scion Exchange?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Caramatti 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Admin
    Keymaster

People are always curious about what goodies they are going to find at the Scion Exchange. This is a place to list what is currently taking up room in your crisper.

Admin
    Keymaster

I’ll be bringing Butirra Precoce Morettini and Hood pear
    Saijo and Hachiya Persimmon
    Fuji apple
    Persian sour cherry

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Admin.

Fang
    Participant

I will have some cherimoyas, but not sure which ones. I grow ‘pierce’, ‘fino de jete’, ‘spain’, ‘honeyhart’, ‘behl’, ‘el bumpo’ and a few others. I can bring 2-3 pomegranates that have fruited. Maybe not grapes since I don’t know if they can ripen near the coast.

Fang
      Participant

I took a half dozen annonas scions to the previous exchange and there were leftovers. But now I can’t find tha bag of scions among the ice chest full of leftovers. I guess I won’t have annonas scions available.

Admin
      Keymaster

I will be cutting some Fino and El Bumpo on Friday, though I’ve promised some to Bruce for his demo. Do you need any for yours?

Hassan
    Participant

Anyone looking for avocado scions? I’ve got quite a few I could bring.

Khaled

Admin
      Keymaster

Khaled, the bulk of the rootstock (roughly 20 5-gallon pots) being brought for the grafting session will be avocados so avocado scion wood will be greatly appreciated. Margaret Frane says with avocados, the fresher the scion wood the better, so if you haven’t pruned yet, it would be great to wait until closer to the 9th

Hassan
    Participant

Agreed. I can harvest the morning of. Will aim to bring a few different varieties.

Khaled

Admin
      Keymaster

Fantastic! Thanks so much.

Caramatti
    Participant

El Bumpo cherimoya & Tsuru-No-Ko (“Chocolate”) persimmon for sure. Maybe more. 🙂

A fervent reminder: please do not bring diseased plant tissue to the scion exchange. Last year I brought home a fig cutting that carried Fig Mosaic Virus with it. It caused me a lot of trouble to get rid of the damage done.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.