What to do in Venice?

About Us Forums Growing fruit (questions,boasting, etc) What to do in Venice?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Se Jong Ding
      Participant

Hello,

My wife Tina and I just moved to Venice’s Silver Triangle after 25 years in Cheviot Hills. In Cheviot, we have (2) small guava trees bearing large, sweet and crunchy white fruits (grown from seeds), a honey fig from Papaya Tree Nursery (PTN) doing very well, (1) Persian Mulberry (PTN) finally bearing significant fruits, a Manila Mango (PTN) that gave us 200 fruits last year and (3) varieties of persimmons – chocolate, coffee and one unknown all doing badly not making it. The citrus trio – gorgeous lemons, Kafir lime and Mexican lime- are all doing well.

We have a clean slate in Venice but the yard is small, 18×40 feet. I’m thinking alphonse carr bamboo hedges, a couple of avocados (would like to start with large trees 8-10′ tall) replicate the fig and citrus successes and some other possibilities – any suggestions? Apple bananas?

Since Venice is quite different from Cheviot Hills weather-wise, I would like some feedback from members or anyone with experience along the coast what their experiences (successes and avoidance) have been and if my ideas above are dangerous!

Thanks in advance, and have a nice week!

Sejon

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content